Rispondi

Researching family of Peter Fisher and Mary Anderson, KY

maun32
female
Peter and Mary arrived in KY 1818-1820. In a baptismal record I found the name of a daughter Fannie. Does anyone know what happened to her?  Did she grow up and marry or did she die young?  Information on any of  this family would be appreciated.
femuse
femuse
There are several Peter Fisher and Mary Anderson in KY

Are you talking about the ones who came from Scotland and were in Bourbon County, Kentucky ?

This daughter Fannie: was she born in KY ?  date ?
Le but de ce Forum est echange entre tous les membres.
Merci de ne ne pas me contacter par messagerie avec des demandes d'aide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Si ne répond pas a votre question du forum, cela n'est pas parceque je vous ignore,
c'est simplement que je n'ai pas reçu de notification.
:evil:
maun32
female
Yes, they came from Scotland. I know Liza, 1820; Margaret,1822; John, 1824; and Thomas, ca. 1826;  were born in KY; Older daughters Jane, Mary  and possibly Elizabeth were born before they came to KY. I don't know about Fannie.  Liza, Margaret, Mary and Fannie were listed on Paris Ky Presbyterian Church records as having been baptized in 1823. I know Mary was born in Pittsburg, PA in 1816, Jane in Scotland approx. 1812,. Elizabeth was born in Scotland as well, in 1813. I am not for sure if she was of the same family, but I think so..I am still trying to verify that. I believe Peter and Mary came to KY around 1818-1820.
femuse
femuse
[sorry for the rush - the Library is closing]

They are several family trees - and like usual - it's a real mess:

one has an Eliza born in 1820 in KY. Doubtful they had an Elizabeth too.

These trees have several of the same children but Peter Fisher born various days of 1776 and different sets of parents.

In case I forgot why I cannot stand family trees, this is a great example.  ::)

Back to yours:

1820 census gives 4 females under 10:
?
Jane  1812
Catherine  1813
Mary 1816
Liza, 1820

and 2 females 10 to 15:  ? Fannie ?

in 1830, the 2 sons are a match with one tree:
1 Male Under 5:  Thomas Fisher 1827
1 Male 5 to 9:John Fisher 1824

2 Females - 10 thru 14: ?  Liza, 1820 and ? Mary 1816
1 Females - 15 thru 19: ? Jane  1812 or Catherine  1813

Si ne répond pas a votre question du forum, cela n'est pas parceque je vous ignore,
maun32
female
It seems like there are still too many girls in the 1820 census.
Jane was probably out of the house in 1830. She had a son John, born in 1831. He went by the last name of Fisher until the mid 1850s, at which time he was in Hancock Co. going by the last name Grant.  Jane died as a widow in Hancock Co, but is still listed as Jane Fisher. So confusing!
I am thinking it was Catherine listed in the 1830 census. She was not married until 1843 in Bourbon Co to Wm. Fuqua. They also lived In Hancock CO. Margaret was born in 1822 and married Isaac Newton Allen. She is listed in find-a-grave as the daughter of Mary Fisher. Fannie is the only one I have not been able to trace, which makes me think perhaps she died young. The name Fannie is used  in some of the sisters families.That could be a clue that she was deceased. Or maybe not. Who knows?
I have not been able to find when Jane was married, or when her father Peter Fisher died. I know it was between 1826-1830. I really appreciate your input. Thanks
femuse
femuse
find-a-grave can be useful, but some people use that as a way to list their family tree.

I found my father in law buried in the wrong County, wrong cemetery:

I confronted the poster who admitted finding his obituary on line.
She never set foot in that State, she was just curious because he had the same last name as her husband. [& no relation]
I had her remove that post.

Family trees can too often be totally absurd.

If no serious source is indicated, I just pass.

Good luck with your research.

maun32
female
Earlier I mentioned Elizabeth when I meant to say Catherine. Also Peter was born on July 4, 1776 in the vicinity of Glasgow. The Calton area.
Mary born in 1783.
Did you find a verification that Thomas was born in 1827?
Also do you know if the Presbyterian Church in Paris would have any old records from the 1820s?
femuse
femuse
It looks like this is your post:
Bourbon county cemetery book
"the name Peter Fisher who died in Bourbon CO circa 1828-30"

Then I am afraid I don't know more.
https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.northam.usa.states.kentucky.counties.bourbon/4927.1.1.1.6.1.2.1.1.2.1.1/mb.ashx

----------------------------
have you tried ?

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kybcgs/index.htm
Bourbon County KY Genealogical Society

Rispondi

Torna a “United States”