Rispondi

HORDEBISE or NORDEBISE?

walkslots
female
Introduzione: Grafico
Navigazione: Grafico
Vedere il suo albero genealogico
I am looking at man who married Anne Joseph FREDERICH. Confused with capital letter. And someone at ancestry has another interpretation listing his father as Jean Martin Hurdebise ou Hourdebise born 10 Nov 1780, deceased 31 Oct 1851. Thank you again for help.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-L1R3-9943?i=72&wc=S511-HDN%3A367762801%2C1312975449&cc=2138510
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Hello,

The names are classified in alphabetical order: it is HORDEBISE. There may be variations, HURDEBISE or HOURDEBISE sound quite normal variants.

Best,
Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
walkslots
female
😊
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Navigazione: Testo
The nice thing about marriage tables is that each couple is often listed twice, under the groom's name and under the bride's name. If one copy is hard to read, look for the other. In this case they're on the same image. :-)

Another trick is a name is hard to read is to look through other tables in the same town. It's rare to find a name that's only used once.

As for the first name of the father, it can vary depending on which document is used. Also, to confuse things more, the commonly used name may not be the same as the name given by the godparents. For the first name of parents, I rely primarily on birth records, then marriage and lastly death. I also evaluate the relationship of the declarant to determine the more likely name in case of discrepancy. You'd be surprised how many grandchildren don't know their grandparents' names when they report their own parent's death.

It never hurts to use the notes field to remember that Jean Joseph is the same person as Jean Martin and how you came to that conclusion. And for an alternate name used regularly, enter it in as an alias.

Eric
walkslots
female
Eric thank you. You all are so good. I am going to need to do alias notes for KAYELS family as surname has changed even headstones within same generation and same cemetery here in this country have different spellings and will end up doing same for SCHUEREN Barbara and Barbe SCHMITZ who Waxonrut said was probably same woman.
Rispondi

Torna a “All countries”