Rispondi

Houppier & 1 other I cant make out

Discussions regarding the occupation of our ancestors.
shellbell
female
Introduzione: Grafico
Navigazione: Grafico
Vedere il suo albero genealogico
Hi, I’m hoping someone can help me with 2 occupations. I apologise but my lack of French means I can’t make out the letters of the 2nd one, to come up with possibilities even.

Houppier - that translates on all the translators I’ve tried as crown. But what does that mean as an occupation?

And this one.....does it say brigadier? Or something completely different. I first thought it started with a C and had qu in the middle?

Again I apologise. It can be hard to figure out the letters of a word in a language you are not fluent in. Any help would be really appreciated. Thankyou.
Allegati
5070FE8A-F526-4E3A-9817-1028D3D6F8EA.jpeg
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Hi,

Briquetier (not brigadier): brickmaker
As for "houppier", I can't see it on this record, maybe it is "officier" in the last sentence... :?

Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
shellbell
female
Thank you Claudine. Brilliant info.

Sorry the houppier is an occupation on another document that i didn't upload. When I put houppier into Google translate it says it means crown in English. But that isn't an occupation, so wondered what occupation it may be. Do you have any ideas on houppier?

Thank you again. So lovely to have people willing to help.
Michelle
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Could you upload the other document? Houppier it's not an occupation, it's the "crown" of a tree...
Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
shellbell
female
Hi Claudine, sorry for the delay. I'm trying to find the document. I can't remember where it was. Though remember seeing it several times. I'll post a copy when I find it but didn't want you to think I was ignoring you after being kind enough to help.
Ultima modifica di shellbell il 29 ottobre 2018, 09:51, modificato 1 volta in totale.
pascaller
pascaller
Introduzione: Testo
Navigazione: Testo
Hi Shelbell,

houppier m (plural houppiers)
A person who makes or sells tassels (etc)
(botany) The crown, branches, twigs and leaves of a tree
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/houppier

Pascal
shellbell
female
Thank you Pascal. So grateful to you and everyone here for all your help.
shellbell
female
Briquetier meaning bricklayer.
Rispondi

Torna a “Occupations”